Road rage ends well only when one person forgives.
But in this case, there is no forgiveness. The motorcycle is luckily wearing leathers so he has little injuries.
This is one reason I don’t want helmit laws. I can talk at length, but just like school shootings, everyone has an opinion and few care about the statistics. But helmets in this case give the rider a sense of superiority. No one can see his face, so he acts like a dick. Whatever his provocation, he can’t let it go. If I were on the jury, I would see this as a wakeup call to motorcyclists. Even when you win, you loose.
Top facts about helmets.
- Helmets give a false sense of safety and lead to increased speeds.
- Helmets block sound and side vision. Thats why its illegal to wear a helmet in a car.
- Helmets were cited by NY Judge as reason bikesharing won’t ever take off.
- States with no helmets get huge bike rally convention dollars and few wrecks.
- Moped riders form a very efficient transportation/parking system, 50% wo helmets.
- Anyone who has ridden without a helmet would agree, one law doesn’t fit all.
I met a girl who said, I want you to wear a helmet so I don’t have to see your brains on the road. That was her reason. Remember, the safest situation would be everyone in a Volvo at a max speed of 40mph. Anything other than that is a compromise.
Back to road rage.
Many factors determine if a conflict will boil.
Test yourself, Is Your-Situation going to boil up into road rage.
- Do you listen to AM radio during your commute?
- Are you coming home from work?
- Are you alone in your vehicle?
- Are you in the fast lane?
- Are you holding a phone to your head?
- Are you a dude?
If you answered YES to three or more, than you have a 50% chance of a road rage event today.
Wikispeedia believes that knowing the speed limit is a drivers right. Visual signs are nice, but electronic versions should be free, accurate and available. States won’t do it. We have a wonderful community and you should join us. Take 10 minutes a week like Linus in Arizona. Watch the video, and log where you got your first speeding ticket. Its free and your sign will live on helping others not get tickets. The Waze is nice, but why should an Israeli company host US speed limits? As Bob the Builder says (is he Mercan?), “we can build it, yes we can”.