NOTE: School administrators. Feel free to comment below to discuss specific concerns about student service hours. We want the Service to be honest and useful and want to do whatever we can in this regard. -Jim Pruett (901) 213-7824 (administrators, see 7a below)
Are you a student looking for service hours? Watch this 2 minute video to begin your service hours and get a certificate today. If you have questions, post them at the bottom of this page.
Method 1: Sit in a chair option.
1. Install our Chrome App “Speed Limit Grab” here. (Please note, this extension isn’t malware. You can install it from source code. This is the life of a charity…)
2. (one time) Put your name in the OPTIONS so we know who did the Service Hours…
3. Hit the same white logo again.
4. Click on Mr yellow man (bottom right corner of browser).
5. Move around until you find a speed limit sign. They are everywhere!
6. Click the same white button again, then click on the speed limit number. That’s it! You are immortal like adopt-a-road… You will see your Stats on the right Wikispeedia.org
7. When you are done, if you want a certificate put on this web page we are charging a $4 tip (its a lot of work for us). Mail the tip using certified mail to Wikispeedia 1300 Sweet Rain Dr W, Collierville TN 38017. We no longer accept Paypal since they deplatformed Tracy Beanz. If you send it regular mail, it might get to us, but we are not going to play “did you get it ping pong with you”. We are not responsible for lost checks.
WE DON’T WANT ANY MORE THAN 30 hours of work. If you do more, the web page will show 30 hours max even if you did more!
Ask questions in the POSTS at the bottom of this page.
8. Administrators: You can call and leave detailed instructions (text (901) 213 7824) and we will reply with an audit of their service-dates and service-hours. Please don’t expect us to play phone tag, leave the students name (as written on the right side of any page and what exactly you want). We will run an audit and tell you how well they did and any mistakes they made!
9. We only keep your name on this page for one year. Administrators: we can validate older data, just ask. But we don’t want this web page to be millions of lines long. We hope you understand. Your data is still there and we will respond to administrators until the end of time, but we only show names on the right side of the web page for one year. Please understand.
10. Don’t add yellow signs!!!!! They are not speed limits, rather, speed advisories. If you have a Formula One race car, you won’t get a ticket for violating a yellow speed limit so we don’t want then.
11. Don’t point at the sign, instead point down the road like you would driving…
12. Find new areas by going to wikispeedia.org/tmp Sometimes they won’t show there if they have already been done… Experiment. Find empty locations….
13. We measure your hours just as if you were volunteering at the Salvation Army, namely
a. That you showed up.
b. That you did no harm.
c. That you helped the cause 😉
Real Awarded Certificates below.
Method 2: Do something speed limit related.
Consider creating a blog post about road rage reduction, or speeding, traffic, or research. Give writing a chance! What have you got to loose. Keep track of your time and let us know.
Manditory! Complete the book requirement (see Method 1, #1 at top of this page).
Keep track of your time. When you want your certificate or have questions, comment below and we will respond within a few hours.
That’s it! One certificate per person.
Since 2005, Wikispeedia has been gathering and giving out speed limit information free of charge. If you are a trucking agency and need to see what your drivers are doing, partner with Wikispeedia. There aren’t that many speed limit signs and we have most of them!