NOTE: School administrators. Feel free to comment below to discuss specific concerns about student service hours. We want the Service to be honest and useful and want to do whatever we can in this regard. -Jim Pruett (901) 213-7824 (administrators, see 7a below)
Are you a student looking for service hours? Watch this 2 minute video to begin your service hours and get a certificate today.
Method 1: Sit in a chair option.
1. Install our Chrome App “Speed Limit Grab” here. (Please note, this extension isn’t malware. You can install it from source code. This is the life of a charity…)
2. (one time) Put your name in the OPTIONS so we know who did the Service Hours…
3. Hit the same white button again.
4. Click on Mr yellow man (bottom right corner of browser).
5. Move around until you find a speed limit sign. They are everywhere!
6. Click the same white button again, then click on the speed limit number. Thats it! You are immortal like adopt-a-road… You will see your Stats on the right Wikispeedia.org
7. NEW: You can make your own certificate and show your administrators your name on the right side of our page. If you want us to post your certificate on this web page below, we are charging $4 (Buy us a coffee). It takes 15 minutes to validate your submissions and edit the web page, so we have to start charging for that. (It’s minimum wage….) One certificate per person, (max is 30 hours). The certificate will reflect the hours on the right side under hrs. We use an automated system to check validity. WE DON’T WANT ANY MORE THAN 30 hours of work. If you do, and tip us $4, the web page will show 30 hours max even if you did more!
7a. Administrators: You can call and leave detailed instructions (text is best (901) 213 7824) and we will reply with an audit of their service-dates and service-hours. Please don’t expect us to play phone tag, leave the students name (as written on the right side of any page and what exactly you want). We will run an audit and tell you how well they did and any mistakes they made!
8. Don’t add yellow signs!!!!! They are not speed limits, rather, speed advisories. If you have a Formula One race car, you won’t get a ticket for violating a yellow speed limit so we don’t want then.
9. Don’t point at the sign, instead point down the road like you would driving…
10. Find new areas by going to wikispeedia.org/tmp Sometimes they won’t show there if they have already been done… Experiment. Find empty locations….
11. We measure your hours just as if you were volunteering at the Salvation Army, namely
a. That you showed up.
b. That you did no harm.
c. That you helped the cause 😉
Real Awarded Certificates below.
Method 2: Do something speed limit related.
Consider creating a blog post about road rage reduction, or speeding, traffic, or research. Give writing a chance! What have you got to loose. Keep track of your time and let us know.
Keep track of your time. When you want your certificate or have questions, comment below and we will respond within a few hours.
That’s it! One certificate per person.
Since 2005, Wikispeedia has been gathering and giving out speed limit information free of charge. If you are a trucking agency and need to see what your drivers are doing, partner with Wikispeedia. There aren’t that many speed limit signs and we have most of them!